Translate

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Abe Were Good Friends Dine

At the very beginning of the quarantine announcement in the Metro Manila, 16th of March 2020...I do not remember myself and any member of the family going out to dine.
Who would do that? Knowing that part of the announcement was we are all encouraged to stay home to stop the spread of the virus.
The month of July when the status of Metro Manila was changed to General Community Quarantine (GCQ), this gave recommendations to some businesses to operate including dining in a restaurant.
First time to visit the place. I don't know maybe before we even enjoyed going out and dining in a restaurant, surprisingly we do not know anything about "Abe" restaurant. 
Thank you to a good friend Sir Samu who invited me to have dinner with him after a very satifying coffee at the Starbucks. 
We visited Abe at Trinoma. 
Getting inside fascinates me for it gave me a cozy feeling of the place. 
I interviewed a waitress/cashier that the restaurant has a 100-seating capacity which opens daily, from 10:00am to 7:00pm.
But that was the set-up before the time that the pandemic isn't here in the Philippines. 
By asking, I found out that their working schedules were adjusted. From the current set-up from 16 people manning the restaurant in operations daily, now they have two more people left the waitress/cashier and the floor manager. 
I am not sure how many people are left in the kitchen but certainly it was also reduced. 
Like in the case of the waitress/cashier only work for a week schedule and then another staff will occupy her duty until most of them had their rotations. 
A better work set-up than no work at all. 
Looking closer at the menu, they have many options to choose from. 
From small dishes menus to dessert. 
I gave the liberty to Sir Samu, after we both sign the small paper for customer's contact tracing. 
On their small dishes menu we had... 
"Sinuteng Baby Squid" that has laurel leaf many garlics and sauteed with olive oil. 
A small price to pay of... 
P280
We had another fish dish 
that belongs to a "Hearty Soup Dishes" 
PRESENTING... 
"Sinagang na Boneless Bangus Fillet with ripe guava." 
A flavorful hot soup with the taste of real guava, a serving good for 2-3 people at
P510 only. 
On more of Abe Favorites dishes... 
Also part of the menu is the "Crispy Pork Adobo ni Lola Ising." 
Well, I do not know her personally but I think its her personal dish recipe. 
This is very similar to crispy pata. 
Hot and crispy when served to us.
The special saucel blends well with it along with atsara. 
A bit pricy but worth it sold at... 
P510.
And just like listening to a music, to have some balance and harmony from a fresh harvest menu, here comes... 
"Gule Magalang." 
You know its fresh when you finally tasted the veggies which includes kangkong, kalabasa, green chili peppper, ampalaya and okra. 
At the amazing deal of your money worth only P310. 
All of these menus with your favorite
hot rice. I ordered for another extra rice for this battle. 
The quality of food plus how they carefully serve it with care. 
Most of it were in a white plates, wrapped with plastics and that includes the utensils we used. 
If there's one thing I will look for here is just an ambiance of music and nothing more. 
For Abe gave us, Sir Samu and I... a memorable dining experience. 
For one, I am highly recommending it with my family. 
Hope that I can bring them soon here. 
Secondly, with friends and relatives too. 
And lastly, I now understand why this still remains standing even though the pandemic strikes. 

'Til our next visit! 🙌

No comments:

Post a Comment