Translate

Friday, September 4, 2020

Traversing Divisoria from Navotas...near yet so far!

There's a must visit to Divisoria on the 3rd of September, 2020 (Thursday).
We couldn't find a lego silicon molder in the area where we expect there is.
We tried resorting ordering online but we find the cost of delivery a budget burden. 

Since we need also some fresh veggies for cooking and baking needs, I pursued the plan of visiting Divisoria. 

But never knew that there was still no jeepney bound directly to Divisoria. 
I created some strategies to get there by trying some short trip commute just to get there.

I started 8:00 am leaving the house from Navotas. I took a jeepney going to Malabon but the plan was only to depart at C4 where there was a suggestion from a jeepney driver that there are existing trips going to Divisoria from Monumento. 

Walking is literally a must going here, there and everywhere. 
By asking there's a bus trip that goes all the way to Recto, the plan was to alight from there. 


But on my commute, the bus where I and 20 more passengers were prevented from traveling, overheard a problem from a permit to operate on one passenger asking a bus conductor. 

I felt bad, for 25 minutes were waisted waiting for a hope that it will soon be resolved. 


Decided to transfer from another bus but found a jeepney alternative with Recto signage. 
From Isetann, Recto transferred again to another jeep which has a promise of sending us all to Divisoria. 

I think if my memory still serves me well, my last visit was October 2019. I was with my wife looking for small jars from one of our customer. 

I have to ask people where I will find Divisoria Mall. But I am not going there exactly, it will just serves as a landmark to look for a place where I can find a baking stuffs like, a lego silicon molder, another grass molder, candles for male celebrators, a 12 inches cake board, and a baking paper. 

Took an hour or so on this. Because I need to locate where I can find a famous place in Divisoria called Tabora. 
A haven for baking tools and ingredients. 

By asking, I became a shuttle cock that was hit here, there, and everywhere. 
Don't know where my strength was coming from knowing that it was very sunny and it was really a normal day always in Divisoria with pandemic or none. 

When I finally found it, the items I was looking for was not available. 😔
But since there are so many individual stores in that particular area...moving from one store to another is really a must that very day. 

And so, I did. I was able to check more than 10 stores. And when I was about to give up, the last store I spotted got everything I was looking for. 🙏


A heartfelt thank you to a guy store assistant who patiently looked for the baking stuffs I was looking for. 

Looking around I have seen a great changes the way how vendors used to sell their goods. Now, vendor owners has a color-coordinated built-in store. 

I think this particular changes is part now of the so called..."Ang Bagong Maynila," which literally translates "The New Manila!" 


But the visit isn't over yet...I need to find Sto. Cristo now for some veggies my wife asked me to purchase. 

From asking again, I spotted it. 
Quite sure about it for I and my wife used to visit this place I think a number of times already. 

From there, I look for carrots, onions, parsely, cucumber, and spring onions. 

Walking again is a must to locate a way back to Navotas. I was thinking of finding a jeepney going to Gasak but there was a queues but there was no e-jeepney available. 

I decided to take a smart advice of getting the same route I took in the morning. 
I looked for a jeepney going to Recto and alighted there. 

I must so sort of tired, I only had a 330ml of water which I drank before I took jeepney commute again. 
I found a bus that I think I misundertood the signage. It says Monumento going to Taft. But it was a trip that went all the way to Intramuros. I just found out that it was a wrong commute when the bus conductor enlightened me. 


Again, I have to walk. I accidentally visited the new Lagusnilad which was recently revived this August. Now, with mural paintings that was very instagramable. 


Looking back, it houses stores that sells second hand books, toys, clothes, and even has a tailor shops. 

Decided not too take LRT 1, so I walk again. The signage I saw while commuting on a bus where I was alighted to Intramuros misleads me. It says PITX Monumento. I looked for it but found out that it was going to Roxas Blvd. 
Walked again, and now decided to ride an LRT1. 

After a year visit to Intramuros in Manila, I found out that the "Kartilya ng Katipunan," as a historical landmark was now given a major lift from its look. 
The area at the back of it where it has so many vendors, now a very clean small park with numerous trees. 

Passed by at the soon to be renewed Metropolitan Theater. I think the construction was about to finish. 
Delighted to see this because it was an old building on my last visit, June 2019. 


But the underpass looks just the same. I heard it will soon be fix like Lagusnilad. 


Finally, decided to ride LRT1. 
I fear riding it because it says in the news that over 200 plus of its personnel contracted the Coronavirus, COVID-19, pandemic. 


But I decided to end my agony of walking and another chance to get lost and not find a jeepney or bus going to Monumento. 

There was a very few passengers no queues but I was standing when I was at Central Station. 
After two more stations some passengers alighted, that was a perfect chance to experience a comfortable trip. 
The physical distance was strickly observed inside the train. 
Successfully, I reached Monumento safe from worrying on idea that I might get lost again. 


Another walk challenge going to where jeepneys going to Navotas is located. 
Finally, found one and around 2:30 pm from 8:00 am trip leaving home...I was finally home sweet home! 

But come to think of it, it wasn't so easy to commute now via public transportation. Specially now that not all PUV's are authorize to travel under General Community Quarantine. 

Hopefully, the long overstaying COVID-19, pandemic will soon be over. 
Now that in every news it says that the vaccine will soon be ready. 


So far, I had 6 jeepney transfers, two bus rides, an LRT1 ride, and a lot of walking involved. 






No comments:

Post a Comment