Translate

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Red Cross Accidental Medical Reinbursement Perks




It was the night of 17th of November 2019, when my eldest Althea was accidentally had a cat scratch.
We never had any prior knowledge on how to confront this. 
My wife was very much bothered about our daughter's welfare we went to the Navotas City Hospital but referred to San Lazaro Hospital after that.
We were then advised to go to Navotas again for the city recently erected a building that handles cases for animal bites and related situations.

But just got unlucky when we were told that the anti-rabies ran out of supply.
It goes without saying that we will shoulder all the expenses. 



Two of these medicines "Equirab" and "Speeda" are two Anti-Rabies essentials that has to be vaccinated to her. 
Unfortunately, it carries a special brand name and that it was expensive. 

The very least we did was shoulder the expenses. 
But from asking, we heard about the so called "accidental medical reinbursement" from Red Cross which luckily Althea was a member. 



We began filing the needed receipts and other requirements including her Red Cross Identification Card 21st of December 2019.

We submitted the requirements in one of their Red Cross offices in Navotas. 
From there, we were told that they will be contacting us when the check is ready. 

I was quite doubtful about not hearing from Red Cross after April 2020.
But we were told that it will took several months for them to process everything entirely. 
Reason to this was it will also includes all the reinbursement from other parts of the Philippines. 

But 14th of July my wife and I received a text notification from Red Cross Navotas City Chapter. And informed us that the check now was ready for release. 

I went to Caloocan City Chapter where it was ready for release. 
The check was under the name of my daughter. 
I just presented my ID and my eldest. 

I went right away for check encashment at the bank where they deposited the money. 

I thought everything will went well. 
But upon my personal visit, they never allowed me to encash the check because it wasn't my name that was listed there. 

I approached the Assistant Vice-President of the bank (Bank of the Philippines), and after hearing me out. The bank's VP told me to at least bring important documents for verification like my daughter's  birth certificate or a passport maybe. 

But these suggestions came in after I reiterated that under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) minors are not allowed to go out. 

And I remember also that the bank teller was suggesting and the VP to ask Red Cross Caloocan Chapter to do another check under my name. 

Which I never accepted as a second-best option. 
First, more time will be added just for the waiting. 
I couldn't wait longer for we need the money and that we waited long enough for the check release. 
Second, I will be spending money for this. 
And lastly, Navotas City will be placed under a City-Wide Lockdown that will begin on the 16th of July. 

I looked for my eldest birth certificate and found it. 
But this added burdens like for instance a  commute travel expenses, time, and energy. 

I was at the bank around 9:00 am and went back the same day around 1:30 pm. 


I was even hold for a while outside for when they checked my temperature it rises to 37.
But that was because we were all outside under the scorching heat of the sun. 

But being so sure about the process because the goal was to get the money that very day...I invited my daughter to join me. 

But I rented a car, because I never wanted her to do a public commute with me. There's so much risk specially now that the COVID-19 pandemic is still around. 

While I was dealing with all the process, I asked my eldest to just stay inside the car. 
It was then a very idea that I asked her to join me. I was not expecting that upon presenting the requirements they wanted me to submit...at the end they need my daughter's signature on the check. 

But I have a strong intuition on this, I just came out of the bank and asked for her signature. I was very happy after the successful struggles. 



The money we waited so long will be used for paying an apartment rental and food expenses. 

Thank you Red Cross! ❤️






No comments:

Post a Comment