Translate

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Back To Work Under GCQ!

Quezon City Hall, Quezon City

The last time I was here before was something unforgettable.
Why? That very day the "Enhanced Community Quarantine" (ECQ) was announced in Metro Manila, 16th of March 2020.
Which paralized the public transportation and adviced people to stay home excluding frontliners to help curb the spread of Corona Virus (COVID-19) pandemic.

From that announcement, the following day I never reported for work.

Days came in, weeks and months passed by.
I had an invitation for work with the condition of having a transporation arrangements provided by the QC Government. But the location for the pick up for me was far from impossible.
No public transportation, and that I don't have also any means to commute.

Not until after 30th of June when the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) is raised in Metro Manila...this gave me the very opportunity to go back to work again!

Message sent by the QC Gov't Admin asking to report for work 1st of July 2020 (Wed) 

Quite sure about the public commute condition outside, I still pushed myself reporting for duty.




I started my journey going to QC from Navotas City aroun 8:30 am.
Walked from home 'til I reached C4 where there are available buses.
Thinking of having a free ride bus provided by the Navotas City Government but I think my timing isn' t perfect.

The first ride I took will only bring me to Monumento, where it will pick up new set of commuters. From there, the walking started again going to MCU.



Along the way, found jeepney drivers with their signages asking for help from any amount you can share. Tsk...tsk.😢




The bus route here will bring me all the way to Quezon Avenue where I will be taking my chances if there are routes now going to Quezon City Hall.
But was so reluctant and quite so unsure, I alighted at the SM North instead.
But that was I believe a very lousy decision...there was no public transportation available.

I can't hide the feeling  when I passed by SM North over pass...I missed going there.
But of course, not at this time.
I waited for 4 months from the ECQ...I can still wait until possible transmission  of COVID-19 is over.


Remembered myself having a hard time lifting my bike just to cross the other side of the bridge.
9th of June I went to the office but took the bike going there.
And it wasn't so easy. The risks, the danger bothered me after having successfully went home that very day! 🚲



Running late for my first day at work, I took a taxi ride.
Well, the entire trip gave me an P85.00 fare but since I heard the story of the taxi driver who was bothered about a P1000 boundary...I never asked for my
P15. 00 change.

Around 10:16am I was finally at the office.


That very morning I was asked to sign a contract and from there personally I have seen what's the name of my designation.
But don't get me wrong, I know what I applied for but was told during the interview that they will be replacing the name because the job that I will fill in will be comprising so many areas of responsibilities.
Of course, the salary that I will be getting.
One rule when you became a government employee...don't expect a higher one.
Well, I think it was just a normal thing that I felt this.
Mainly because, my entire career life was working at many private firms.

After a few minutes, no orientation done yet, I was sent from a coverage with a photographer and a cameraman.

It was also within the QC Hall. I will be giving details on this for I am not so sure if I will be coming ahead disclosing this very information.


Interviewed two people but not a recorded one. I just jot down details I will used for story leads.


The very same day, we had another shoot.
The venue was just at the Philippine Heart Center.
The city Mayor was around Hon. Joy Belmonte and helped with the ribbon cutting of the emergency room designated for the COVID-19 patients.





We stayed a little longer here.
The weather was hot and sunny at the time.
Too many people but most of us were very aware about social distancing and were protected with our worn facial masks.

Finally the day was over.
A bit bothered about going home.
It was my first day at work and I don't memorize yet the situation of public commute.
But one co-worker called me around 5:00 pm and was offered a transportation service from work.
I am but so happy at that very moment.
At least with this commute, I can assure that I can now go home and skip walking or asking where to find a ride going home.

But I was offered a ride from QC hall to Trinoma.
That's find with me, a familiar location will now give me an easy access going home



No comments:

Post a Comment