Translate

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Swab Test Result is...



It was all over the news and at the social media platform that last 8th of July 
Hon. Mayor Joy Belmonte of Quezon City was tested positive for COVID-19. 

I tried absorbing the news as someone who knew how to handle it. 
Meaning, I wanted to confront it thinking that everything is still under control. Particularly thinking of the spread of the virus in the QC GOVT that I am now currently and actively working as an employee. 

But I was thinking at the time, I'm going  home with my family. 
What if I have the virus? 
And that I do not know entirely about having it? 🤔

That particular feeling now pushed me to do one major step and that is to administer a swab test. 

The same day, around noon, I along with a co-worker went to QC X (ideally known by many before as the museum that houses interactive artifacts. Before it was recently converted to a COVID-19 testing facility.) 

One medtech staff did an initial interview with me. 
Asking basic information such as my full name, age, birthday, address, mobile number, designation, from what department I was with. 
Along with some very important information particularly done for contact tracing like... 
If I knew someone who has COVID-19? 

Being so honest about giving beneficial information, I said I was with Mayor Belmonte during the opening of the Emergency Room at the Philippine Heart Center last 3rd of July 2020.

Other related information asked... 
Do I have fever and dry cough and tiredness recently? 
If also I experience aches and pains, nasal congestion, headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell or a rash on skin or discolouration of fingers or toes to the list?
 

From these questions...I said no. 


After I was done with all the information they needed...it was a signal then to me that I was now ready for the Swab test. 

I have been seeing this procedure from many social media platform. 
Sometimes not taking it seriously, the attack was misleading people or sometimes being humorous. 

There was two people around who did the swab test. 
They were both dressed properly with PPE's, gloves, face mask, face shield...protected from head to foot. 

I was then given an instruction as to what the whole procedure and what to do when some particular situation like sneezing happens. 

The procedure was called
a nasopharyngeal swab. 
A method for collecting a clinical test sample of nasal secretions from the back of the nose and throat.

It involves inserting a 6-inch long swab (like a long Q-tip) into the cavity between the nose and mouth for at least 3 seconds and rotating it several times. The swabbing is then repeated on the other side of the nose to make sure enough material is collected.

There was a hand gesture I was told about.  If and when I was about to sneeze. 
This was from racing your left hand. 
I was about to sneeze and gave a hand signal to them, but was also signalled that the process was about to finish. 
I just strongly bare the process. 

Thinking that it was all-over, another procedure was done. 
At this time, a throat swab. 
I was then told to open my mouth but relaxing my tongue. 
The procedure was similar to a child having a throat check. 
It also lasted for about three seconds. 



I never remember that I was told about how many days before the result will be released. 
A frequently asked question, I personally throw one staff. 
And I was told after...three days. 

Under this procedure, the protocol now is to complete the 14 days quarantine at home. 

I was home for days waiting patiently for the result. 
Not until today that I received a call from unknown number. 

Upon answering it was from City Epidemiology & Disease Surveillance Unit
(CESU). 

CESU: Hi is this (verifying for my name). 

ME: Yes. Speaking. 

CESU: Sir were you told about the swab test result? 
(But was coming from a tone, that made my heart beats faster).

ME: No. I haven't received any call or text. 
Do you have the result?

CESU: Sir, you are NEGATIVE. 

ME: OMG! 
I was nervous your tone was misleading. 

We end the coversation by aking CESU how will I have the copy of the result. 
After sending them a message an email were sent to me showing.... 
(See photo below). 


I just said... 
Thank you Lord! 🙏







No comments:

Post a Comment