Translate

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

What a trip

A pretty sunny Tuesday in the morning and afternoon, when
eventually comes the rain around 6 in the evening.
And you know what's next after that, comes stranded passengers
because of traffic jams.
Some commuters, choose to wait at their respective
office for an hour or two. A simple strategy to avoid gridlock.
Luckily, my work ends far from the rush hour. But there was a big surprise
that I didn't know awaits me.
I'm coming from Shaw Boulevard, one of the six identified
chokepoints in Edsa.
A lot of people I still see struggling to get their means
just to go home.
Luckily, an MRT station was situated on my whereabouts.
And, looking at Edsa commuting via Bus is not a win win solution.
The MRT just gave me a smooth access until North.
But at the time, I was thinking I am okay...no I'm not.
At this time, I don't see any traffic constable manning Edsa.
The reason why streets were jampacks with commuters, using every
strategy they have just to be home.
I tried but it's not really working for me. After
my drop off at the MRT North Avenue, I willingly walk
until Munoz.
I remember, I had a biscuits and that helps me a lot, by not worrying how much walk
I'm going to take.
Never did I know, that there was so much road works done by DPWH in the stretch of Munoz.
Every step I'm taking has a precautionary measure. Because if I happen to slip...for sure I will
end up in a big hole.
From 10 in the evening, I remember I started walking. Only it was around 10:25
with God's grace, I was able to be with one of the Bus going to Letre.
I just told myself, I'm too lucky its not raining while I'm walking.
And it started to pour again, while we were approaching MCU.
Honestly speaking, expect a struggle in commuting when it rains.
Being the responsible me, I always bring umbrella with me.
But thank God, because my trip struggle ends at around 11 on the evening
when I reach my end destination.
One more ride, and I'll be home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment