Translate

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

In control room, directly in-control

Control room experience 090115

I am pretty sure that the control room temperature during our airing is never lowered than 17 degrees. But, at the time, I never felt I'm cold...it was the opposite.
Why I will not, If I know that at that very moment, I'm on a hot seat...positioned to guide the live airing of our program.
It's not that, I am completely new on it. I am actually doing a similar job within the same company but not exactly like this.
Here, because I am in-charge, I have to do math. This one is very vital for the calculations of exact body of the program per gap...including all the commercial loads.
And if that is not enough, in-direct control of stories or segment that should be remove to meet the exact air time.
Now, I'm seeing our Program Director throwing direct questions on me.
But I am also seeing him changing mood at the time.
One story, have been removed re: US Open, and one producer also suggested to cut the FANSPEAK responses from 5 to 3.
I think, I'm in great trouble, we are airing too much.
I am fully aware that we begin the program at 10pm and ends at around 10:25pm.
But I have one VTR from one of our anchor that was over 4minutes, and there was also a reminder not to forget to air PETRON story, a must and a paid segment.
I lack time to act on this.
And it happened, we end the program exceeding to 10:30pm.
I'm quite sad after the show.
I felt that because I am directly in-control...there should always be an anticipation of per gap's total body running time.
After the show, as our rule, one must do a production report.
Lessons learned, consider all the possibilities.
But since this is mainly not the nature of my job as an Associate Producer, I'm still trying to not to put so much blame on myself...after all, I just give somebody a favor to supervised it's airing because the person in-charge is on leave at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment