Translate

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I am now a registered voter



I've been wondering about the process I'm about to go through, if I will visit the nearest COMELEC office in the city.
This morning, I took the initiative to go out and register.
It's been 15 long years, I am a citizen of the Republic of the Philippines and yet never exercise my right to suffrage.
I'm most of the time committed at work and being in the media is making me more busy and somehow disinterest me to do so.
But I always came to ask myself, how will I help our country achieve change, if I am not number one...practicing my right to vote for the most deserving candidates.
It's just only a very quick process, just present any Identification Card that contains your name, address as well as signature.
I remember, I'm asked to write the name of a relative living with me. But the tip here is make sure to give a name of a registered relative. In my case, I indicated my Mother's name and right then and there, from the window I'm standing...my Mom's information and picture appeared in their computer.
Then, comes three similar pages of paper that I have to fill-up.
I just only paid for P1 for the photocopy of my ID.
The steps are very simple just provide the information about you and then proceed to the last phase of registration...the biometrics.
I only encountered a very little interruption when the computer malfunctions during the data encoding.
After the encoding, I'm asked to have my picture taken, signature followed and thumbmarks.
And given instruction, as to how will I be notified when my voter's ID is ready for pick up.
So, I'm now encouraging everybody avoid the rush and visit now the nearest COMELEC office/station in your city.
And together, will make change for our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment