Translate

Friday, May 8, 2015

A gift from God


Mikayla Ysabelle Garabot
1st baby picture, May 3, 2015
Sunday, around 4am
PGH, labor room

Excited Dad
Finally overcome fear of carrying her

My wife Mary Anne with our Newborn
Baby Kayla and our eldest Althea

I thought it's just a regular Saturday. We'll bring my pregnant wife to see her OB for the usual check up. But surprisingly, the doctor told us after an IE procedure she did...my wife is requested to be admitted.
And the next thing I know, I was waiting outside the labor room just like what we did 6 years ago.
My eldest at the time, was with us and I'm left with a choice of looking over her while I'm also taking good care of my wife ready for labor.
Time check, it's 2 in the afternoon. 
I wanted to stay outside the labor room, but the hospital told me to prepare her room. With my daughter we searched and spotted the admitting section. I wanted to focuss with my wife's labor but the hospital is keeping me busy with the requirements for the stay.
We were able to get my wife a comfortable room. And since, the waiting area where relatives and loved ones is not a friendly place to stay...I told Althea's uncle to wait in the room instead.
The hospital is not "child friendly", so we both decided to vacate it and left for home. 
I just took all the things we prepared for the hospital and back again around 11 in the evening.
My wife requested for a sandwich and water before the labor. 
I stayed in the room, with TV on switching channels, and still feeling uneasy.
And who wouldn't be so worried, my wife is in the labor room. A lot of things is bothering me. But still praying that everything will be alright.
I'm not pretty sure of getting a sleep, but I think I had a few.
Around 4am, Sunday (hours before the Pacman and Mayweather fight), a nurse called my attention to go to the labor room.
So, I went there. I was told that my wife already gave birth. But as long as I'm not seeing the baby or even get a hold of it...I wouldn't believe.
And a few minutes after, my surname got called and there was a nurse in front of me holding a baby.
And time freezes. I was now staring at the baby wrapped with a green blanket. 
I couldn't help it, I took her first picture on my android phone.
I don't know, the feeling was, I was about to cry because of happiness but it never push thru for there was a doctor and a nurse in front of me.
Baby Kayla is so adorable. It was in front of me, trying to stare at me while I'm having a glance on her. The baby is one-eyed open from her left. She's so calm and relax.
I also tried asking questions about my wife's condition. After, I was told she's perfectly okay, the doctors were still talking but I cannot concentrate for my full attention was at my Baby Kayla.
I and my wife is very thankful to God for her safe delivery and for the baby's welfare as well.
It was a prayer I've been whispering to God every now and then.
An answered prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment