Translate

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A fulfilling experience

About 6 years ago, our first baby we named Althea was born.
And it was one memorable chapter of our lives because it's official...we're now Parents!
And for that long period of time, I and my wife thought that we will just raise only one child.
But we became more excited when we both found out that, we're expecting another baby.

While, the world were torn between hate and celebrations because of the outcome of Pacquiao and Mayweather Jr. fight...a few hours before sun officially rises, our second baby we named Baby Kayla was born.
Everyone, in the family were very excited. And at the time, we felt we're so blessed...imagine, from one baby girl to another baby girl.

Come to think of it, being a parent, is one phase of everyone's life to cherish and celebrate.
Here, you'll no longer just think about yourself but the welfare and well-being of your family. And everything about the way you see life will finally change.
I remember, when we had Althea, our first baby...should I say we don't know what to expect and we're not ready. Now, I have a better understanding of what to prepare and what to expect.

One, must begin with being emotionally prepared.
In my case, I married my wife when I got her pregnant. Actually, everything was unclear to me, like I don't know if I will marry her right away or we just push through with having the baby and talk about it after giving birth.
But somehow, I have one clear mindset...we end up having a civil wedding.

Another important thing to consider is getting ready financially. The truth of the matter is building a family comes with expenses.
In my case, I shouldered every single expenses from wedding preparations and reception plus the two months advance and a one month deposit in the apartment were renting and a lot more.
Think of this way, don't rely on help your family, relatives, and friends will provide you...it should be you alone. And bare in mind that in our society, it is a man's one great obligation. In short, be man enough dude.

And a heads up, be ready for some major adjustments in getting to know your wife's family and relatives. Think of this way, it's not only you who will adjust with the set up, but your partner as well.
Don't bother too much about it, it's really a continuous process.
But one good advice, live your own and away from your parent's or relative's house.
It will help you (the newly weds) to live a life on your own.

Just remember this, becoming a parent not just come upon's having a baby. It will automatically turn you too it, but just like any learnings, it comes in a continuous process.

No comments:

Post a Comment