Translate

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Farewell...Solar Daybreak



I remember It was October 1st of 2012 when Solar Daybreak first seen on-air. 
Immediately after that, my usual schedule has been changed.

I came to know Solar News Channel, formerly Solar TV on the 2nd day of July 2012.During that time, I had a weekday work schedule set at 7 in the morning 'til 5 in the afternoon.

A week before the pilot episode of the program the show was offered to me.
Though I know I was never a first choice...I strongly agreed and took the challenge.

My struggle first began rising to bed early. 
Honestly speaking, I was not a morning person.
I usually sleep 11 or 12 midnight. 
At the time it was very hard for me to send myself to sleep.
And even more harder to go up to bed 2-hours pass.
I spent an hour to fix myself, and a few more hour on my way going to the office. 
I even had fear of going to work before. Simply because, I never knew how it was.
But I have to conquer it, because I was chosen to handle a new responsibility.

It was also not easy for me to gain the trust of my former producer in the program.
I remember when we had several mistakes seen on-air, the blame was all course to me.
Imagine, I was questioned in-front of our host, manager, and almost all of the staffs of the show.
But that particular situation gave me strength to lead and always choose to decide what's best for the program.

It was not just a simple day to day graphics coordination. 
If anyone from the staff can't go to work or will be late...
I have to come up with the best solution.
Anything that will disrupt the smooth flow of the program, it has to be resolve before it even came to reality.

If there are any on-air discrepancy, furnishing a report copy is still part of my responsibility.
Task distribution and even staff attitude solving and counseling is still entrusted on me.

I never worked for the program for days only.
It was EIGHT long months.

There's a part of me that was not ready to go. And I strongly believe that... it was my LOVE for the program.

But since change is inevitable I have to go with the flow.
On my end...I will always look at things as a challenge.

I never wanted to get so emotional.
As much as possible, I never wanted to show it.
But this is what I have to say...I will just think that I will be embarking on a new mission.
I consider this journey as another opportunity to grow more and learn new things as well.

I will surely miss most of the staffs I have worked with.
Goodbye for now...'till our path cross again.




----------------
Pages of Solar Daybreak

October 1, 2012 -Solar Daybreak gave way to it's pilot episode.
November 12, 2012- Program time slot shifted from 6 to 7 in the morning.
January 7, 2013- Amelyn Veloso have joined Jing Magsaysay to co-anchor the morning newscast.
July 1, 2013 - The launching of the new Solar Daybreak, with Anchor Amelyn Veloso and now with Claire Celdran.


Jing Magsaysay and Amelyn Veloso




Ms. Claire Celdran and Ms. Amelyn Veloso








2 comments: