Translate

Saturday, July 6, 2019

In the nick of time

This is true..."things are happening for a reason/s.
The last time I remember I was at the academe last school appearance was 18th of  March 2019.
Back then I was thinking now what to do at the time the 2nd semester was over.
Never got lucky with the attempts I've done in going back to one station I started my journey as journalist way back June of 2000.
I think  my path was really going to teaching so I started thinking to really take this seriously and attend series of studying during weekends for 6 months.
I started gathering  several requirements to finally prepare myself as to...TOR, diploma, Birth Certificate, and many more.
But as I prepared for this...something very unusual things happened.
Like my honorarium for two months teaching was unfortunately put into hold. ๐Ÿ˜”
My bread and butter that time and this burden really disheartened me.
I have a family to feed and a monthly obligations to deal with.
Back then, I kept on asking myself why?
Why God you're giving me so much difficulties.
But sometimes at the very beginning when things happens as it happens, you will not discern and completely do not understand why.
What I have in mind at that very moment was God again was testing my faith on Him.

Until the very night of 10th of April a long time co-worker from the broadcast industry Mai sent me a message via a messenger.
And to cut the long story short, there was a work invitation for me and asking me to made a visit the following day.
And that was then one great news! ๐Ÿ“ฐ

10th of April 2019 a message via messenger
The following day, I went to attend a job interview to a place I never thought of seeing my self working...in Manila!

Suprised as well because I will be working with the "nicest" boss in the world Sir Clift Daluz.
A former co-employee in the two media firm I was with before ABS-CBN, Channel 2 and CNN Philippines!

Mr. Clift Daluz was the appointed VP for News and Public Affairs of The Manila Times Television by the owner himself Mr. Dante A. Ang (DAA).

It was a very overwhelming post a leverage from my previous work which is now an Executive Producer and for "News" specifically.

My boss and I had me again for an interview a week after the "Holy Week" and after some arrangements with the salary I'm asking we finally have a deal. ๐Ÿค

I just said I am after more of the experience and a challenge that I will be facing in the new station.

A very good boss, with a beautiful "team" with Drew Nacino our News Desk Editor/Writer, Jedidiah Del Rosario, Reporter, Jake Remphsey, Associate Producer/Writer and Mai Santiaguel our Communication Staff/EA.

The amazing team with Sir Clift Daluz (in violet), starting from left Rempsey, JD, Mai, and Drew

A highly spirited team of The Manila Times Television.

On our very first month, we presented an idea of a "tagalog" newscast designed for digital TV using a platform of a social media via Facebook.

As we prepare for the lauching...we did several interstitial stories related mainly for the national election happening on the 13th of May.

And some interesting thematic yearly celebrations like that of "Labor Day"
"Father's Day Celebration" to name a few.

Part also of our preparations was our testing of scripts for weekdays airing and several auditions and hiring of qualified employees for the following vacant posts.

But the most unforgettable moment was  meeting and presenting for the very first time the boss that I do not completely knew and met Mr. Dante Ang.

Mr. Daluz was not available at that very moment. And the presentation was entrusted to me. I was really shaking inside but the only thing I have in mind was to represent the team and present it.

We actually prepared a 14minute video newscast presentation, but was asked to alter it for 3minutes only.
Mainly because DAA never wanted to see a very long presentation.

In DAA's office,  along with my laptop whom I prayed please bare with me.
I showed the presentation the headlines, the teaser and some selected stories that has main news item, sports and entertainment news.

I was then reminded of some important things and then asked to rewind it again from the very beginning then said a word... "OKAY."
At first, I do not make any movement so DAA said it again..."OKAY!"
And that actually means that the presentation was approved!

I began sharing the news to Mr. Daluz and he said I need to expound my text to him. And so I did.

25th of April exchange of text messages

Congratulatory remarks from my boss

More messages of Congratulations!



There's a lot more to do but the beginning was just right and in perfect timing.
Now I know, why I suffered previously before the victory came in!





2 comments:

  1. wow Bong this is great! April 10 is the eve of my birthday! So happy that this was the start of a great new page in your life! God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mam Paz!
      But "Life" as we call it, never runs out of surprises.
      I am again up to another adventure.
      I will soon tell you about it Mam Paz! ๐Ÿ’•

      Delete