Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Spell TRAFFIC...EDSA!



Coming from a very productive meeting with the team never had any idea that after having fun...worst thing will happened.


According to google I will only be taking an hour and 16minutes coming from Shaw Boulevard going to C4 in Navotas.
With about 15.3 km distance.
But this commute was very far from what took place yesterday.
Try to imagine from Greenfield or in Shaw Boulevard to Navotas is 5 hours?! 😩

Coming out from Megamall with the team of Sir Chief a two hours plus meeting inside the cozy place of "Kuya J's" restaurant where we enjoyed having a very nice conversation and of course the must try versions of  their "Halo-halos!"

With Sir Clift Daluz, Maila Santiaguel, Andrew Nacino
At Kuya J's Restaurant

Kuya J's versions of Ube and Saba Halo-halo 
Looking at it very enticing, some say "instagramable" 👀.
Tasting it for the very first time was like a feel of calmness, the crashed ice was very refine. But far from the sweetness of the regular "Halo-Halo" that we used to taste.
I thought I wouldn't be able to empty it because the serving was really big.
At the beginning, all your attention will be glued on the "Leche Plan" on top of it.
But you'll be more surprise when you dig deeper because the sweet surprise of "Nata De Coco" and the real "Ube" taste was at the very bottom of it! 😋
A figuratively and literally coldness feel you will definitely experience!

But the reward we all got inside was I believe the exact extreme opposite of the "HEAVY TRAFFIC" I and most commuters felt that very moment.

Allow me to describe the exact scenario I got in yesterday.
The last time I experienced this was when the "Iglesia Ni Kristo" rallied on Edsa years ago.
And literally just crossing the stop light of Shaw Boulevard took me an hour.
Looking at it, it seemed that using your fingers you can count a very few numbers of vehicles luckily passed it when the green light is in go signal.
That was really tough! 😭
And when I think that I will get over it...there's more suffering that awaits us all who continuously access Edsa.
Even in common flyovers in Ortigas, as well as in Kamuning which I remembered spending 30minutes or more at that time also moving very slow. 😩
And even also crossing the intersection in the Quezon Boulevard was just exactly the same scenario compared to Shaw Boulevard.
That very long stretch gave us so much agony of waiting inside an ordinary non-airconditioned bus.
Too bad for the seat I had suppossedly for three people but I was with two literally big people...the outcome only half of my ass was seated. 😤
If I was bothered, I was also thinking several passengers who were standing that very very long hours.
And I can't also imagine the driver who's absorbing all the pressures of commuters now all agitated with the TRAFFIC!

Finally reaches SM North around 9m, I sweat alot and felt I was dehydrated.
I waved from the window at one water vendor and that 500ml of water saved me.
Got shocked I emptied the bottle down to its very last drop. 💧


The flow of the traffic started to normalize after passing Quezon Boulevard.
Literally, I came home around 10pm!
I was just thinking that I went from an out of town trip that very day.
But minus the pasalubong!




No comments:

Post a Comment