Translate

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Human Trafficking

Althea Garabot in grade school uniform


Most of the movies I have seen and also some teleserye's has a story about Human Trafficking.
Human Trafficking simply implies forced labor and sexual slavery.

Never had any personal experience about it, but recently feared that what if my daughter will be a victim of it.

I normally send my eldest Althea to school in the morning but asked someone to fetch her in the afternoon.
This is because by the time her class ends, that also a signal for me to go to work.

At noon, I and my wife decided to give the responsibility of fetching her through a trusted tricycle driver from the neighborhood.
My wife just labored from our second baby about 5 months ago, and it goes without saying that much of her time would be devoted on taking good care of our youngest.
Well, we can ask my Mom to babysit, but since we never wanted to bother her, with her condition which still in the process of recovering after suffering from a mild stroke just last January, we do not see that as a better option.

Earlier, while my wife and I were on our way to one destination, we have rode on my daughter's tricycle driver.
The tricycle driver, started to tell us a story about a certain old guy pretending's to be Althea's family and that would have wanted to fetch her from school.
We were told that this narration were coming from my daughter's school security guard.
Of course, were parents and our main concern always is our child's welfare.

I verified this information from Althea's school security guard. And just found out that the driver just misinterpreted his narration. And that he (the security guard) was referring to another student who happened to be fetching another student.

It was actually a big relief for me to know that my daughter is now safe from a possible danger of "Human Trafficking."
But before leaving the house for work this afternoon, I even asked my Father if he made a visit on my daughter's school yesterday. But he said with conviction that he wasn't there and never made an attempt.

My wife just told me through text that because my father became so worried about the situation, he asked my brother to check and had fetched my daughter.

Well, at home we orient our daughter about a specific scenario like this, and told her that in the absence of her fetcher, she should stay inside her school. And, that do not trust anyone especially strangers.

I think I will just provide her a cellphone, so that in the case of her fetcher's absence, Althea could easily send a message to me or on her mom at home.
Its always better be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment