Translate

Sunday, August 18, 2013

The power to explore at the palm of your hand


I remember I had my first cellular phone year 2001. And at the time, I was lucky to have a Nokia 3210 mobile phone. Back then, the very purpose of introducing it to the market was to experience an instant call and sending of text messages anywhere you are. And such brilliant idea made every “Juan” and people from different parts of the world finally changed the way how communication works.

I remember when I was taking my Master's degree in Broadcast Communication in U.P. Diliman,
I proposed a thesis study for the class on understanding how these technology works for a paradigm shift. And back then, our country according to one legislator was believe it or not...a “texting capital of the world”.

And that was how most Filipinos patronized and enjoyed it. Today, there are so many names of service providers and mobile phone makers making their way to continue develop and add more features in the use of such technology. With the advent of popular brands of cellular phones today like that of…Iphone,  HTC,  Nokia, Samsung and a lot more… this gave more people from different walks of life, more reasons to get indulge with it.

Now, most people no longer rely on their personal computer that was taking so much space to set-up. Today, I believe most offices, homes, and businesses has more valid reason to use them. On the other hand, most individuals like young professionals (yuppies), merely depends on their personal mobile phone that has exciting features like that of having an unlimited internet access right at the palm of their hands.

Lately, I was lucky to have a post paid mobile phone provided by Smart that comes with the Unlimited LTE internet access. This was absolutely new to me, for I have been using another brand of phone that limits me from a simple functions...the call and text.The unlimited access I got from my service provider is giving me the power to be on-line anytime, anywhere.

I am very particular on looking at the importance of it in checking my e-mails, updating my twitter and Facebook (FB) posts, on writing a blog, and indeed very functional and helpful in my current work in the media.

The access also gave me some form of entertainment in my long hours of daily travel going in and out of the office.  That is why I don’t bother that much when my monthly post paid bill comes in.

But honestly speaking, a good internet access will be best enjoyed with a mobile phone that comes with the best features. 

No comments:

Post a Comment