Translate

Monday, August 19, 2013

The unexpected one


On a daily basis especially on a normal day, most of my time was devoted at my work. It is a five day office attendance and usually sometimes six or more if we have breaking news or special coverages that will fall during weekend. It was pretty normal for a guy who committed himself at a TV Network, especially that of News. If I don’t work on my day-off…I usually invite my family strolling at the mall, or if we wanted to break the monotony…we explore famous parks here in the Philippines, and to name a very popular one…Luneta Park.

When everything seems to be programmed, I usually think of other means to enjoy my spare time. One friend from College days just proposed a get together swimming. At first, everything was not definite for one…the location, who’s coming, and even on the last two days if we are pushing thru or not.

But despite of some dilemma, fate has intervened…the “whole barkada” found our happiness at the Jeds Resort, situated at the Calumpit, Bulacan!

There was a feast of foods from a simple adobong manok , fried hotdog and chicken, lumpiang shanghai, liempo, menudo, and bangus (milk fish).

There was a drizzle of rains that welcomed us before entering the swimming venue. And it didn't stop the whole day. Though the weather didn't match our happy thoughts…it didn't stop us from attaining ecstasy.

My daughter Althea was so excited even before everything happened. I and my wife Mary Anne was very happy to see here dipping in the water, and even mesmerized when she showed us how to swim. Very different from a fearful Althea that we used to know. This time, she was out of the water for longer hours.

It was a whole day activity. But indeed...it was FUN!





No comments:

Post a Comment