Translate

Monday, June 4, 2012

I MISSED FPJ movies!



As usual I and my wife went to mall again and visited a video store and there spotted a classic Filipino film produced by the late “The King” Fernando Poe Jr. AKA FPJ movie entitled, “Ang Syota Kong Balikbayan.” I believe I have seen the film several times before but still excited to watch it over and over again.

Tell me who wouldn’t watch FPJ again (Nanding), and Anjanette Abayari (Kathy), who began to establish a relationship comparable to dogs and cats. Kathy went back to the Philippines to fulfil the wish of her deceased grandmother to distribute to the poor her 20 hectares land.

Nanding, first met Kathy in a traffic encounter that later on put him temporarily in jail. Even though the two lead star of the movie had a bad start…they’ve reconciled and became lovers at the end.

Another interesting reason why I am willing to see it again is actually because of one scene I couldn’t forget. This was when Kathy and the insecure girl who had crush with Nanding, Digna, played by Maritoni Fernandez, held their fighting scenes in the slum area of the barangay.

And there was no other movie producer who could have done combining all late but great antagonist of Philippine movie Industry but FPJ alone. Imagine, here you’ll see Dencio Padilla, Paquito Diaz, Max Alvarado, Romy Diaz, and Bomber Moran. Here you’ll see also the special participation of the funny comedienne “Chiquito”.

You will even see the late FPJ singing a particular tagalog song while doing a “harana” to actress Anjanette with the help of Janno Gibbs and Randy Santiago.

I remember laughing loud out loud when I saw once again the horror part of the movie where there was an appearance of a gay “Manananggal”.

I am very glad to have seen it again and even more happy to have a DVD copy of an analog film of yesterday.

I must say that although we have an existing major film outfits today, who’s been making movies of popular actors and actresses, there’s nothing like of FPJ movies. Because an FPJ film is incomparable to any of them today…must have been the unlocking of a secret formula that hasn’t been discovered yet by film producers of today’s generation.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment