Translate

Saturday, June 16, 2012

HAPPY DAD’S DAY!





Yearly there are several occasions we don’t forget to celebrate. Before, I was only concern on the celebration of my birthday, and each year  I’ll make it appoint to prepare for that special day by calling all family members, relatives, and most of all closed friends to come over and join me when I’m having fun. But that was the attitude I have long ago. Everything changes now when a new chapter of my life came in, the fatherhood stage.
It was 4 years ago, I got my wife pregnant. We were engaged then and have an agreement that we are planning to settle down when we’re financially ready. But life really is full of surprises, we have to rush everything after the big revelation.
At the time, I really don’t know what to do. Like everyone else in the world confronted with similar problem or doesn’t have a clear plan to do…we were both obliged to tell our parents about it.
This was the time I experienced so much nervousness. I remember when we visited Mary Anne’s father who’s now a deceased, just to let everything out of my chest, we sought a help from her father’s lived-in partner.  The next thing I remember Meanne’s father was in front of me directly asking for a clear plan to do.
That’s when the next big thing happened. July 01, 2008. Mary Anne and I was in the Manila City Hall attending our civil wedding.
A few months after that… she gave birth to our first born child, Kirsten Althea and that made me an official father!

It was a feeling that is hard to explain and no words could ever describe it.

To sum it up, really I wouldn’t be called a father without having a wife and our only daughter, Althea beside me. I believe I am also sharing the same perspective to all fathers throughout the world.

 Every member of the family I would like to encourage all of you that this is a MUST celebration that should not be taken for granted. Whether your father is still around or in heaven now…do not forget to say, “HAPPY DAD’s DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment