Translate

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

My 2018 with a BANG!

11th of January, CNN Philippines, Nine Media Company (Last Day)


Even though at times you plan what you need to do for the year, there are still things that you can't control. Like the immediate turn-out of events which you'll never expect to happen.

A lot of us has personal stories in relation to this, some has back-up plans, while some like my story need to confront it as it arises.


THINGS ARE GONNA BE OKAY

On the 11th of January, I received a call around 1140 am from an immediate superior, a call that I never answered because I already found the person calling...she was just behind me.

Everything wasn't clear yet because I was just asked to follow her that leads to a closed-door.

The next thing I am fully aware of I was in-front of our Human Resources Manager, along with three Executive Producers and a company Vice President to name a few.

The next words I've been hearing and wouldn't forget...I was told that the company was currently into a so called..."RIGHTSIZING," that it will soon be focusing on "DIGITIZING," and because of this it will only require a few number of employees and that they'll terminating my contract because I was "ONE," of those.

Next seen, I felt I have too much "INFORMATION," the only thing I remembered was the company VP were shaking hands with me. He was saying something but I have blocked out.
I was asked if I still have questions...I just said "NONE," and immediately left the room.


PREPARING FOR SOMETHING

Prior to the so called..."BIG ANNOUNCEMENT, " for "NO REASON," I was cleaning my cabinet files.

I also had  a prior conversation with an officemate about her two co-employees who was asked to end their work as well.

And after a few more hours...I was exactly experiencing the same thing.

Now, my cabinet files I kept for more than 5 years which I'm having a hard time fixing...with the unfolding of the big announcement...I was able to finish it in less than an hour.


PACKAGE OFFERED

I was told about getting a month of my salary in the company times a number of years spent working with them.
Will I say that's BAD...I don't know.
Because in reality, the money that I will be getting will soon be empty if I can't find an immediate work replacement.
But that's how reality works now, I thought the job I had with the company since I am a  REGULAR EMPLOYEE would be somehow "STABLE," but that proves me "VERY WRONG."

The only CLEAR thing that it leaves me..."NO ONE IS INDISPENSABLE!"













No comments:

Post a Comment