Translate

Friday, June 26, 2015

Chicken in Tomato Sauce


I belong to one of the many frustrated people who wanted to learn how to cook.
And that includes thinking that someday, I would learn how to cook one of my favorite..."Afritada!"
I'm challenged with it, because, most of it's ingredients are cheap and easy to find.
Now, that I have the time and opportunity to cook...I immediately went to the market and gather everything that made up of it.
Honestly speaking, I cooked Afritada before. But it turned out to be a disaster.
But today, I have the guts to do it again.
I did a little research via the internet on how to do it and from there followed instructions.
The Afritada version, I grew up with only has potato, bellpepper and carrots veggies. But this one has green peas, and has hotdog.
I look for ways, how to copy it's exact preparations but due to some shortage of ingredients like the chicken broth, I used a left-over chicken bones from our Tinolang Manok.
Just really couldn't do exactly the same chicken broth for there was no celery available in our kitchen. So, I just settle it with onion, salt and pepper for flavors.
Suddenly, I think of food diversity. The reason why we have different dishes because everything is base on it's ingredients availability.
Exactly, happening to me earlier.
But the entire cooking process was really fun.
Especially at the time, you see combined ingredients from raw is now becoming the complete dish itself.
Tips for aspiring cook like me, do not be afraid to try and commit mistakes...it's part of the whole process. Unless, that talent is really innate in you.
By committing mistakes, that's how you achieve perfection.
Just believe!



No comments:

Post a Comment