Translate

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

When God closes a door he opens a window




It was April of 2012, when I left my previous post for GMA7, and I have to confess that during that time I don't have any concrete plans where to go after.

I can still recall, I even seek for a friend's help. I have undergone two weeks training in another TV station popularly known TV5. I don't know, at that time I would consider it as a lousy decision because I accepted the offer without Me knowing the salary and how long the training would be. Within that week, my wife's dad demise, after days of mourning, I came up with a concrete decision, and that is to leave the company and seek for a new and better job offer.

I wouldn't forget two of my other bestfriend's Lala and Iaree for the enlightenment.

In my desire to get back to my daily work routine, I even found myself in a very familiar TV station, ABS-CBN 2, attending an interview. But since I am not happy with the offer, considering the experiences I had in the same field, I had to decline it.

I also attempted to go back from GMA7 but at the time I was looking, my desire didn’t manifest. I stayed home for more than a month, I was then beginning to lose hope until one of the application I’ve sent via e-mail… responded by sending me a text message.

It was I believe June 12, 2012, Tuesday, the following day… I was scheduled for exams and interviews. I completely don’t have any idea where it is in Mandaluyong, at the time Metro Manila was experiencing a bad weather, and when I came in, I was late for 15minutes. I was then bothered that I am creating a bad impression at the time, but I was so lucky that I was just in time before I was called for my examination.

It was a whole day exam together with two tough interviews. After that, I was told they’ll be sending me a text message or gave me a call, if I will be a part of their shortlist.
I started to feel bother again and I must admit after days they haven’t called for me, I came to think that there are more deserving people to fill-up the position.

It was June 22, 2012, after almost a week, when I was inform through text that I was scheduled for final interview. The interview only lasted for 10 minutes or maybe less, after that I was told to wait for their call again.

At some point, It was a mixed feeling of…I was thinking I wasn’t able to impress them and also there’s a part of me confident enough that I was truly deserving for the position I applied for.
At home, I receive a call from an unfamiliar number, not knowing that it was someone from HR and the next thing was…I was told that I am eligible for it!

I was really jumping and shouting for joy! My wife and my daughter are both happy and proud for it. I even extended the good news to my parents and family members.
It was a gift I’ve been praying and longing to have. God have answered my prayers and I feel that I am the luckiest being in the whole world! I remember there was a time in my life, I’ve been talking to God, and in my prayers I was asking Him if what was really He’s plan towards me. But now I know that God is just preparing me for a bigger and better opportunity. Now I’ve been seeing a clearer vision towards my goal and that is to achieve professional growth and career stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment