Translate

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Farewell Tatay Boy!



Early in the morning my wife received a text from her father's live-in partner...saying they went to hospital to bring Tatay Boy. This immediate visit at the hospital is brought about by an abdominal pain Meanne's father was experiencing at the time.
My wife got worried about it, but we both think that after he's check-up and some medication the pain will go away. But we were both thrilled and rattled because her father was still experiencing the same pain. That made them decide (Tatay Boy and her lived-in partner Tita Terry) to seek for other hospital's assistance.

My wife Mary Anne the same day went up to bed and visited her father. The next thing I remember and still in my memory up to now...I saw Meanne's father in the ER with oxygen support attached in his mouth. And several times he's been making a movement at the left and right side of the hospital bed grasping for air.
This particular scene, I couldn't afford to see, I immediately left ER.

Hours passed then Tatay Boy has been transferred to a room. After a while, here comes doctor's residents updating me and my wife about Tatay Boy's current situation. A hospital representative was very vocal about he's dying condition. And we've been asked if worst comes to worst, how aggressive are we to revive him.
This particular situation is very hard to deal with. Right then and there the girl resident went up to Tatay Boy's hospital bed and gave him a pump on he's chest. While also calling for other nurses and staffs for assistance.
Until in just a split of a second he died.

My wife Mary Anne and Tita Terry broke up to into tears.
I can't recall a single situation like this before. I don't know where will I go. I was torn between comforting my wife and Tita Terry.
But I do believe I still have presence of mind that time. I remember I was offering both of them a water to drink.

The doctor's tried but they couldn't revive Tatay Boy.
If my memory still serves me well he'd passed away around 9pm, May 18, 2012 at the UST hospital.

For the last time, I even went to bring Tatay boy's remain in the morgue.
I never wanted to further discuss about details of getting our way there, as in disgusting.

That night we were all confronted with the reality of the huge amount of hospital bills. This made Tatay Boy     spent more hours in the morgue.
It was very painful to have lost someone and yet thinking how to deal with hospital expenses.

I felt and I have seen how my wife Mary Anne suffered emotionally for her father's lost. He cried most of the times, before going to bed and after, and even while taking a shower.
I'll just allow her to cry. And thinking that this will help her lessen the feeling of having lost someone, her father.

Two months ago, Mary Anne had just lost her grandmother from her mother's side. And I believe She's still in the process of recovering from "Nanay Sion'". But here comes another painful memory.

Althea our daughter at the age of three in her own little way tried most of the times pacifying her mother.
At a very young age, you would see her offered a help to comfort her mom. At times Althea sees her mom crying She's just saying..."Tahan na Mama" simply means stop crying. Saying those lines, showing her mom a gesture of touching Mary Anne's back.

Looking back, Mary Anne lost her mom when she was 12, and now she lost her father.

I just want to tell her and said several times that I and her daughter will always be here for her.
I know this reality in life is very hard to accept. But please remain strong, we will always be here for you as your main source of strength, even though Tatay Boy already bids goodbye to all of us forever.

May he's soul rest in peace!
We will surely miss you Tatay Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment