Translate

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

MERALCO on Hotline 16211


In the middle of the night when everything is set and you are in your pajamas when suddenly all your appliances shuts down and the next thing you are sure of there was really a...POWER FAILURE.

Steps taken here, I opened the door, went outside and checked the neighborhood.
But I was so SURPRISE when the only house that was affected was OUR house and OUR house only.
See how WEIRD was that?!

It was already 2:00 in the morning that time and most of the people in the neighborhood was already in their beds sleeping. But us was a different SCENARIO.

I and my wife began to think of ways on how to resolve it, because we have kids who can't stand the heat. At first they were given an ICE CANDY, to cool and calm down. While me on the other hand, went outside to call HOTLINE 16211 of MERALCO.

I actually remember this hotline but had to GOOGLE their other number so that I can easily reach them for the concern.

I once texted them to REPORT the INCIDENT in our barangay.


Then made a direct call on their hotline to speak to a customer service representative to file the report.
I was answered by a woman named "JOYCE," who's been very polite and accommodating too.
I just remembered once where she actually asked my surname again and spelled it to find my record.
I was actually asked for my SERVICE ID NUMBER. But since there was a power failure in our home...I actually never bothered to look for our current MERALCO BILL. This was because I know that there was other way on how to check my details.
They just asked several questions like my complete address and date of my birth.
After it was verified, I gave them the details where to find us...then came a text that there was a report created about my concern.


And after like 40 minutes my phone rang and to my surprise it was from one MERALCO STAFF who wanted to know exactly where our street was.

Since, I really wanted them to fix it right away, I went out and walked one block and found them waiting in-front of the landmark I gave.

I walked their way to see the post where our line were installed.
There was one man named "IGNACIO DIOMEDES," one of the UTILITY CREW who came out of the car and spoke to me that they were just around to locate and checked where our post was.
I was also told that the lineman will be coming all the way to VALENZUELA but they're not sure yet because they're might be a possible POWER INTERRUPTION in other places that they're currently working on at the moment.

I just went back home and told my wife about it.
But I was HAPPY at the time that there was SOMEBODY from MERALCO who went to us and CHECKED us.

A few minutes the kids were at sleep and we were actually using a fan continuously not to awake them. It was TIRING but we had to do that for their welfare.

After an hour, I made a follow-up call and this time I was SPEAKING to another CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE named "NATASHA."
With her help, I was enlightened that there was just a LOOSE WIRE from LINE 5...the very reason of the POWER OUTAGE.

While waiting again for the DEVELOPMENT...I and my wife were having a conversation while doing this we were having ICED TEA to at least ease the heat.

Around 4:30 in the morning again, I tried calling MERALCO hotline again and spoked with "KARA," who's been becoming at the time very apologetic because there was still no progress reported to them on the concern filed the after 3 LONG HOURS.

My wife after the said call told me to check if MERALCO was around.
I walked outside and SPOTTED UTILITY CREW continuously working on it.
I never wanted to bother the team working on the problem but out of CURIOSITY I asked one neighbor and found out that they were there about an hour ago.

Looking from a far, I have seen UTILITY CREW plate's number ACK 7514.

It was around 4:40 in the morning when the POWER went back again.

I'm just surprised that even it was SUNDAY morning they have WORKING PEOPLE...SOLVING THE PROBLEM.

Thank you MERALCO HOTLINE 16211 and the whole TEAM who worked on it!







No comments:

Post a Comment