Translate

Thursday, August 27, 2015

We need aggressive solutions to combat TRAFFIC

Here we go gain, Yes...I am LATE!
And this is not just happening today but for the past 4 consecutive days.
I can't imagine how much deductions would that cause me in my salary...plus MEMO from the company I'm currently working right now.
As far as, I can remember, I am normally giving an hour an a half for my daily work commute.
But eventually, this allowance seems to be not working right now.

LOOKING AT EDSA

Edsa, seems to be big enough. But the volume of private cars and everyday public transportation is actually whooping in great numbers.
And there's no such thing as..."PEAK HOURS," now. Because literally and figuratively there's always a traffic congestion everywhere at any given time.

TRAFFIC SOLUTIONS

Do you think that there are really no solutions on this?
I believe there is, actually there are solutions.
I am a commuter who normally use public transportation 6 times a week.
And, my eyes are widely open for some causes of this.
We need to implement a strong regulations and punishments of those who load and unload passengers anywhere they please.
There are areas that has traffic czar but how about those that remains unguarded?
Then there's this saying..."When the cat is away, the mice will play."
And, this thing whom we do not put attention, really adds to the problem of everyday traffic jams.
Actually, we may lack traffic czar, but if we cannot increase their numbers due to a so-called budget deficiency, we need to provide a good training for them.
I also cannot imagine, a roughly P6 Billion a day this year that the economy is losing because of gridlock. This was according to a Business Group Management Association of the Philippines.
While, the Department of Transportation and Communications, DOTC, says there are long-term solution such as new railway systems, and bus routes. But honestly speaking, these will only materialize between 2016 and 2012.
Too long isn't?

Since, people from all walks of life are affected of traffic jams, You, Me, your neighbor, your co-worker, etc...a temporary solutions that each of us can provide will at least help lessen this boredom.
Remember, we are all here to provide solutions and your opinion matters.
Now, I am looking at EDSA as free-flowing, no traffic congestion.
Let's make this dream ALIVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment