Translate

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A beautiful day!

I couldn't exactly remember when was the last time I have
seen Lala.
Lala is not just a good friend but one of my trusted bestfiend.
Our path have crossed year 2001 in UP Diliman at the time I and her
was taking our Masteral degree courses in the University.
We usually see each other when we plan for a meet-up or when
there are special occassion in our lives.
But sometimes were actually having a hard time looking for
a perfect time to see each other because of both conflicts in our
works and priorities.
But despite the situation, we understand and respect each other
and never complain about it.
Recently, I received an invitation to attend as a co-panelist in one of her
subjects in the academe.
Honestly speaking, I'm too excited about it.
And without thinking twice, I said yes on it.
Her invitation just gave me the very idea of her other side as a lecturer.
Witnessing her experience in teaching made me go back to the second
profession I love and used to do...teaching.
It was situated in Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP),
where I have seen an overwhelming number of graduating students
attending her class.
I was then a total stranger. I never met Lala's students and vice-versa.
First impression to them was some of them were a "happy go lucky students."
But that impression was changed when they've presented their thesis
proposal and started speaking.
Their ages ranges from 17, I believe but believe me...they're a students with substance.
I think aside from their genes, Lala as their lecturer has guided these students
in every step of their subject matter.
It was I guess pretty normal to correct and help them in some areas they have weaknesses,
but it was all for the sake of polishing.
It was 7 different groups but the word "boredom," never came in in my mind.
The unexpected part was joining them for pictorial after their presentation...it was awesome!
There was fulfillment in me and I believe same goes to Lala.
After that, we went somewhere to grab dinner.
The dinner was fun for it was my very first visit to " Teriyaki Boy, " a japanese  restaurant situated in the Gateway mall.
But our night didn't end eating suffer...we even had coffee along
with our friendly chats and banters.
This also gave us the very opportunity to plan for our "BIG DAY," happening
next month.
We may be missing one more close friend Iaree, but that didn't serves
as a hindrance for us both to enjoy the night.
Our overall experience was truly fun and now looking forward for our next
gathering.







No comments:

Post a Comment