Translate

Monday, September 17, 2012

An inspiring story


Rain struck me today as I went home from work.
Although I have an umbrella, I still fear that I might get wet.
Aside from pouring rain, I am confronted with an almost knee high flood.
I really wanted to go home, the shoes and socks I’m wearing is almost wet.
When I was about to lose hope, upon uttering a little prayer,
A little while here comes an approaching pedicab driver.
It was handed by an old-man, whom I believed in his 60.
I asked him if he can bring me home, he replied where.
I thought he would resist me, but he was brave to face floods and
a hard rain.
While he was driving his pedicab on my way home, the old-man keeps on coughing.
Successfully after a five minute and more struggles from rain, I got home.
I gave an old-man a penny, and doubled it.
He looked at the paper bill I gave him, and showed a gesture of giving me back a change.
I said no, it’s okay.
Upon uttering that, the old-man in return said thank you.
Today, it gave me a very important lesson, that I am very lucky.
And I really thank God for it.
And I promise to myself that I will continue to do good to other people no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment