Translate

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

MMDA IS GETTING WORST!


I was one of the many commuters who started to experience having trouble accessing EDSA this Monday. At first I don’t know why. But while on a trip I noticed that most buses were not allowed from entering flyovers. And normally based on my daily routines going to work, one hour is just enough for my trip. The result…I was late!
I have to report at the office by 7 in the morning, but then I arrived almost 9. But because I was working in the media, I was able to confirm that the traffic turmoil I dealt with was brought about by Metro Manila Development Authority, MMDA.
This was because traffic officers under the new directive, bans buses and trucks from entering tunnels, flyovers, and underpasses following a string of accidents involving heavy  vehicles.
This might be a valid reason because MMDA has recorded 25 thousand plus related vehicular accidents and 133 of them were fatal. And the numbers of incidents was only for the month of January to April this year. 
To some Filipinos who own a car do not bother at all about this, but for many including Me, it was a total inconvenience.
MMDA Chairman Tolentino, the following day, reportedly seen looking at the traffic situation brought about by this new scheme. And news said according to Tolentino, that traffic was light compare to yesterday.
Okay, now here’s my challenge to MMDA Chairman Tolentino, instead of looking at how the traffic goes during the implementation, why not try to become one of the commuters who wish to go to their office on time for work?
This time Tolentino, would be using bus for transportation, and see for himself, if He would reach actual time before a duty for work.
For I have never seen Him bothered about people like Me who’s been spending so much time dealing with the traffic turmoil. It was so horrible and frustrating at the same time!


No comments:

Post a Comment